Please check what is included into new version of XML2Selenium and switch to it in your development.
New functional of version 1.27
1) The training video tutorials for users (for this moment only in Russian) were added. You can view them at this link:
At present the following video is accessible:
- Overview of available documentation, manuals and other XML2Selenium training tools.
- Installation of XML2Selenium working environment on local computer. Basic operations with framework.
2) The framework is transferred to the new version of Selenium 2.40.0, which supports the latest available version of FireFox 28.0 browser.
3) The new xml2selenium.browserProfilePath JVM-parameter, which sets the path to the profile folder of used browser was added. The usage of profiles is supported for FireFox browsers.
Information about how to set up a profile You can find on the official website of browser FireFox:
- in Russian - https://support.mozilla.org/ru/kb/upravlenie-profilyami
- in English -https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
1) On Index page for all reports the date and time of the last generated report is shown.
You are able to get more information about XML2Selenium if study information below:
In order to help you we published in public access a set of report XML2Selenium generates:
- Master - for product development we have created more than 600 tests and constantly add new. This is done for constant increase of coverage of product functionality. That makes it more stable and reliable. You could study that tests, they contain lots of useful examples.
- SmokeTest - Master always should be stable, but on a practice we always meet fail, error. In order to check different combinations we are supporting special set of tests (near 250) which shows all possible situations - failed tests, validation error and many others. Such build and tests allows us to make manual testing of our product before release. And also it allows us to create automated tests which cover SmokeTest reports. Such automated tests are written on XML2Selenium. Thus we cover own report by own and the same instruments, what means we constantly use XML2Selenium in practice. Please study the tests to understand which error situations could happen.
- SelfTesting - as it was said we are creating tests (now 150) covering our SmokeTest reports. That SelfTesting reports shows result of such tests, and helps us to cover as much as we could of our product with automated tests. This improves automated regression of tests.
- BestPractices - we created these tests especially for you! You are able to study how to work with XML2Selenium, using BestPractices reports and WebView functionality. All the tests are separated on 3 levels: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced. Every level has tests of such types: Basic tasks (everyday routine tasks), Iterative tests (show how to create tests step by step), Product features (shows nice features of XML2Selenium), Popular services (cover Twitter, YouTube and other services), and also WordPress tests (on the example of most popular CMS system WordPress show how to work with concrete product).
Documentation of XML2Selenium
- Full manual (in Russian)
- Reference card
- XSD schema, which required for auto-completion when tests are created
- Interactive guide